Suitable for applications such as welding, plasma cutting, laser cutting and other spark producing operations where the dust and smoke is not combustible. Combustible dusts require a spark trap that directs the sparks to a suitable container isolated from the dust collector.
The modular construction allows you to accommodate the volume flow of your application. Each module can handle a maximum of 10,000 cfm but the optimal volume is 7,000 cfm where the static pressure is less than 2 inch wg.
- Protects the dust collector filters by taking control of sparks and channeling them away from filters into the collector’s hopper.
- Uses the kinetic energy of the spark to control its path and trajectory.
- Delivers the spark into the desired safe area.
- Creates multiple contact points and direction changes which will reduce the energy level of the spark.
- The inlet transition is reversible and provides horizontal entry as shown or vertical entry without compromising the control of the spark.
- Less likely to plug and accumulate material compared to perforated plate type spark baffle systems.
- Contains an access door to clean out trash that may end up in the dust collection system.